Wednesday, February 22, 2017
To apply to do a workshop or BlaqTalk :https://goo.gl/forms/dEqGYz7RsmktZcBi2
La Quinta Inn & Suites,
1771 Research Park Dr
Davis, CA 95616
Call and reference BlaqOut conference Group for $179.10 - 2 queen bed room rate (per night)
We have 15 rooms reserved.
Note: This particular weekend will be quite busy as it’s UC Davis annual Picnic Day, so hotels will books fast. Rooms must be booked by , to receive the group discount.
Thursday, January 19, 2017
We are excited to announce that the 4th Annual BlaqOUT Conference will take place April 21-23 at the University of California, Davis. The three day conference is designed to create a networking, empowerment and critical community building opportunity for folks within the Black/African Diaspora and LGBTQIA+ community.
This is a structured conference featuring workshops from undergraduate and graduate scholars, staff, community members and activists with identities within the BlaQueer Diaspora. This year's BlaqOUT conference will be FREE to attend, with a capacity of 150 people. The 2017 theme is Love My BlaQness and Yours Too!
So, why I Love My BlaQness and Yours Too? This year we want to celebrate the many manifestations, ethnicities, languages, hxstories, shades, and even curl-patterns of Blackness/BlaQness. We celebrate that Blackness/BlaQness is not monolithic.
Need To Knows
The UC Davis BlaqOUT committee is working hard to uphold the BlaqOUT legacy of #BlaQexcellence. As of right now, here are things to know:
Friday, April 21 - Sunday, April 23, 2017
I Love my BlaQness and Yours too
FREE with capacity for 150
Application Release Date:
February 3, 2017
Workshop Proposal Application:
February 3, 2017
March 31, 2017
BlaqOUT Facebook Page:
BlaqOUT Conference 2017 Email:
BlaqOUT 2017 UC Davis Committee
- Tori Ann Marie Ameyamor Porter, Community Coordinator, LGBTQIA Resource Center
- Mat Adrienne-Marielle Talton, Community Coordinator, LGBTQIA Resource Center
- Charlie Monique Anderle, Identity Development Coordinator, Student Recruitment & Retention
- Danté Larmont Williams, UC Davis Scholar & Community Darling
- Chaz Ashley Cruz, Assistant Director, LGBGTQIA Resource Center
- Monae Roberts, Program Coordinator Cross Cultural Center
- Karimi Ndwiga, Community Programmer, Womxn’s Research and Resource Center
The BlaqOUT Conference was founded in 2014 by Toi Thibodeaux of UC Riverside's LGBT Resource Center.